So the other night I made some really yummy Vegetable Lo Mein and it was really yummy! Even Tabitha who has become the worlds pickiest eater lately scarfed down a whole bowl!
It was actually really easy and all stuff I had on hand (although I know its not stuff everyone would have on hand.)
here's what you need:
1 package of Chinese style noodles (cooked to package directions)
1/4 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded
2 cloves of garlic minced
2 cans of fancy chinese vegetables drained
1/2 cup green onions chopped
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp curry powder
1. Cook noodles according to package and set aside.
2. heat oil in a large skillet
3. cook carrots and garlic till tender
4. stir in fancy vegetables and green onions, cook one minute.
5. mix cornstarch and chicken broth in a small bowl. Add to vegetables
6. stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and curry powder.
7. cook and stir until thickened.
8. add cooked noodles and toss.
serve hot and enjoy.
Sorry no pictures because we all scarfed it down before I thought to take any!